Hanna has said herself that the song has no definitive meaning and that it is meant to be interpreted however the listener wants. One fan interpreted the song in a YouTube comment, saying that she "still learns to love herself and all of her [flaws] people have criticized her for, and continues to thrive and succeed – Which essentially points to the theme of the EP, 'Bad Karma'.”
To promote the song, Hanna and her fans on Twitter spent the night of April 13, 2020 responding to hate comments with "stream and download dandelion april 17". She related it to how K-Pop fans reply to tweets with videos of their favorite artists performing telling people to stream their new music. The tactic ended up working well as Hanna ended up trending on Twitter the next day.
- Dandelion: 2:41
- Dandelion (Official Video): 2:58
The songs animated music video, animated by Hok, was released alongside the single on April 17, 2020. This was the first animation Hok had ever done. Hanna had originally asked him if he knew any animators but he instead took it upon himself to make the video.
- "Dandelion - Single". Apple Music. April 17, 2020. Retrieved October 4, 2020.
- "'Dandelion' the first single off the EP 'BAD KARMA' APRIL 17". April 11, 2020. Retrieved October 4, 2020 – via Twitter.
- "woke up trending!!!! ...in kpop?" April 14, 2020. Retrieved October 4, 2020 – via Twitter.
- "Dandelion - Gabbie Hanna (Official Video)". YouTube. April 17, 2020. Retrieved October 4, 2020.